State Counseling Associations
Dasenbrook Consulting can help. Let my experience work for your association. Dasenbrook Consulting can provide keynote speeches, all day pre-conference seminars, break-out sessions and stand-alone workshops.
The Dasenbrook Consulting Difference
- Author of one of the leading private practice books: The Complete Guide to Private Practice
- Author of After 40 Years in Therapy What Have I Learned? Crysand Press 2017
- 40 years in the counseling field and 35 years private practice experience.
- 20 years lecturing, teaching, consulting on private practice issues and practice development.
- Launched the American Counseling Association’s Private Practice Initiative.
- Consultant to the American Counseling Association on Private Practice 2005 – 2011
- 2018 American Counseling Association Conference Private Practice Consultation Consultant
- Past Illinois Mental Health Counselor Association President and Governing Council member of the Illinois Counseling Association
- Helped thousands of licensed mental health professionals start or expand a successful private practice.
- State of the art website and national newsletter to advertise your conference or workshops
- Maintain strategic relationships with print and web designers, billing and EMR vendors, attorneys, political action committees and state counseling organizations that keeps us up to date on the latest trends, niches and legislation that impact the counseling profession.
- Member of the Insurance Task Force: Winner of the ACA Midwest Region 2016 Innovative Practice Award
- Member of American Counseling Association, American Mental Health Counselors Association, Illinois Counseling Association, and Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Service and Robert J. Nejeldo Leadership Awards.
Dasenbrook Consulting Offerings
Why We Do What We Do & What To Do About It
Musings of a Counselor
A humorous yet pointed keynote from the book of the same title, Crysand Press 2017, about treatment techniques and common sense learned in over four decades of providing counseling services. Norm Dasenbrook’s presentation After 40 Years in Therapy: What Have I learned? is a treasure trove of solid techniques, ideas, stories, metaphors, and advice that has helped thousands of people change, that all counselors will find useful!
Starting, Maintaining and Expanding a Successful Private Practice:
Surviving or Thriving?
This practical, nuts and bolts seminar presents tried and true practice building strategies to begin a practice from the ground up and to expand an existing practice to the next level. I have been presenting this workshop for 20 years. I present the content in an engaging and humorous style, which attendees consistently rank it a 4.8 on a 5 point scale. One or two day formats are available.
Dasenbrook Consulting is an affordable solution for your conference budget.
Please contact me to discuss you seminar or conference needs.
See What Others Have Said
Norm has been a regular presenter at our annual conferences over the years sharing his counseling and business expertise. His workshops are popular with counselors, social workers, psychologists and marriage and family therapists alike. Norm’s presentations always garner exceptional evaluations from attendees, and always fill to capacity.
In addition to developing a successful private practice of his own, Norm has served as President of our Mental Health division for multiple years and has presented his workshop Starting, Maintaining and Expanding a Successful Private Practice to hundreds of clinicians though the years.
Norm’s speaking style is engaging and entertaining and he is the type of speaker who always leaves his audience excited and wanting more. As the consummate professional, Norm is easy to work with and is always well prepared.
It has been and is a pleasure to work with Norm and it is with no reservations that I recommend him to you for any of your presentation needs. Ronna Heinig
Dasenbrook Consulting definitely lived up to their reputations as the foremost authorities on establishing and maintaining a private practice. I found their workshop to be professional, informative and invaluable to me both professionally and personally. I have practiced in a variety of agency settings for over 18 years, but have always felt hesitant to take the step into starting a private practice.
After attending the workshop, not only have I secured a place and started seeing private clients in a limited practice, I can now actually see my future as a sole proprietor of my very own full time practice. I felt empowered and energized to move forward into areas that I had previously resisted.
It was a first rate experience to spend time with Norm Dasenbrook and learn from the expert. The wisdom and experience, coupled with a dynamic presentation style kept me focused and excited about my future opportunities. He was both approachable and willing to take the time needed to expand my resource base and offer sensible solutions to ease my worries.
I would highly recommend Norm Dasenbrook to any association looking to energize their members with an outstanding, professional, practical training resource. Calvin C. Williams, MA, LPC
Norm Dasenbrook has been presenting training programs for Illinois mental health counselors for twenty years. His presentation about Starting, Maintaining, and Expanding a Successful Private Practice has been our most consistent and successful workshop. Norm has trained thousands of counselors.
His style of presentation is informative and captivating. He mixes humor with inspirational and motivational thoughts. His audience is attentive throughout his presentation. For years we offered this as a one-day training. Due to popular demand we have shifted it to a two-day training and the popularity of this event is still strong.
Norm Dasenbrook has been a true pleasure to work with. I set the workshop schedule, training sites, presentation materials, handouts and on-site management of the event. I have worked with numerous presenters over the last twenty years. Norm has been the easiest and most flexible presenter that I have coordinated a training event for. Norm is always timely and well prepared to present. He has coordinated pre-training materials with me on a timely basis.
The training program on Starting a Private Practice has benefitted numerous members of our Association. These training programs have been financially beneficial for our Association. The trainings have provided a significant source of non-dues revenues.
I strongly recommend that every state association consider contracting with Norm Dasenbrook to provide training programs in their state. Our trainings are attended by primarily mental health counselors, but our attendees also include social workers, psychologists and marriage and family therapists. His topic has universal appeal. I believe his presentations are a great resource of training and non-dues revenues. Daniel Stasi
Norm Dasenbrook is a seasoned clinician and premiere consultant for mental health practitioners and behavioral health organizations. Norm is a national expert on establishing and growing a successful private practice. He offers a wealth of knowledge and practical suggestions in a very straight-forward manner. I have known Norm for many years and am honored to have him as a mentor and colleague. I highly recommend his products and services. Joyce Marter