Counseling Private Practice:
Starting Maintaining or Expanding?
Are You Surviving or Thriving?
Welcome to Dasenbrook Consulting
Your Source For All That’s Private Practice
The landscape of private practice for mental health professionals is ever changing. The thriving practice must adapt, change, and continue to redefine its relevance to clients and referral sources. For the mental health professional just starting, to the large group practice, thriving practices take risks and differentiate themselves from the competition.
Here you will find the latest practice information, products and services to answer that question, Are You Surviving or Thriving? Check out the Complete Guide to Private Practice and other practice building products, sign up for a live seminar, see how coaching can help start or expand your practice, FAQ and blogs, browse the resource page for support services and information, follow us on Facebook at Dasenbrook Consulting and don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter so you can be informed of late breaking updates. Let me help you.
– Norm Dasenbrook, MS, LCPC
One-stop shopping for a successful private practice
Dasenbrook Consulting specializes in the advancement of private practice for licensed mental health professionals. I have over 30+ years of experience in running my own successful private practice. Since 1999 I have lectured throughout the country, concentrating my efforts on teaching colleagues how they, too, can succeed and thrive in private practice.
Be skeptical of consultants and websites that promise you, “three easy steps” or the “10 ways” to become a wealthy therapist. It’s not easy. It’s hard work.
But what in life that’s worthwhile isn’t hard work? I have done it and you can too. Let me share with you what has worked for me and thousands of other successful therapists.
For the licensed mental health professional, Dasenbrook Consulting provides practice-building products and a free home for the latest practice information. No membership fees, dues or members only section. The website is funded by the sales of our products and services.
- Author of the leading private practice book: The Complete Guide to Private Practice
- Author of After 40 Years in Therapy What Have I Learned? Crysand Press 2017
- 40 years in the counseling field and 35 years private practice experience.
- 20 years lecturing, teaching, consulting on private practice issues and practice development.
- Launched the American Counseling Association’s Private Practice Initiative.
- Consultant to the American Counseling Association on Private Practice 2005 – 2011
- 2018-2020 American Counseling Association Conference Private Practice Consultation Consultant
- Past Illinois Mental Health Counselor Association President and Governing Council member of the Illinois Counseling Association
- Helped thousands of licensed mental health professionals start or expand a successful private practice.
- Member of the Insurance Task Force: Winner of the ACA Midwest Region 2016 Innovative Practice Award and ICA 2019 Outstanding Service Award
- Member of American Counseling Association, American Mental Health Counselors Association, Illinois Counseling Association, and Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Service and Robert J. Nejeldo Leadership Awards.
Benefit from Latestest tips and Counseling Private Practice Information
Stephen Covey’s, “7 Habits of Highly Effective People”’ published almost 20 years ago is still relevant today. Covey’s 2nd habit, is based on the ability to envision in your mind what you cannot at present see with your eyes. It is based on the principle that all...
Every licensed counselor in private practice needs to have procedures in place detailing what will happen to current clients and records should the professional leave the practice, die, retire or become disabled and unable to practice. The American Counseling...
Private Practice Checklist Handout In my seminars and consulting I am always asked if I had a checklist mental health professionals could use to know what they need to consider in starting a start a successful private practice, so here it is! Private Practice ✓ ...