Welcome to Dasenbrook Consulting. Your Source For All That’s Private Practice
The landscape of private practice for mental health professionals is ever changing. The thriving practice must adapt, change, and continue to redefine its relevance to clients and referral sources. For the mental health professional just starting, to the large group practice, thriving practices take risks and differentiate themselves from the competition.
Here you will find the latest practice information, products, and services to answer that question, Are You Surviving or Thriving? Check out the Complete Guide to Private Practice and other practice building products, sign up for a live seminar or webinar, see how coaching can help start or expand your practice, FAQ and blogs, browse the resource page for support services and information, follow us on Facebook at Dasenbrook Consulting and Instagram @normdasenbrook and don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter so you can be informed of late-breaking updates. Let me help you.
– Norm Dasenbrook, MS, LCPC
One-stop shopping for a successful private practice.
Dasenbrook Consulting specializes in the advancement of private practice for licensed mental health professionals. I have been in the business of private practice for over 30 years as a Practice Owner, CEO, Clinical Director, and a Clinician in Illinois. Since 1999 I have lectured throughout the country, concentrating my efforts on teaching colleagues how they, too, can succeed and thrive in private practice.
Be skeptical of consultants and websites that promise you, “three easy steps” or the “10 ways” to become a wealthy therapist. It’s not easy. It’s hard work.
But what in life that’s worthwhile isn’t hard work? I have done it and you can too. Let me share with you what has worked for me and thousands of other successful therapists.
For the licensed mental health professional, Dasenbrook Consulting provides practice-building products and a free home for the latest practice information. No membership fees, dues or members only section. The website is funded by the sales of our products and services.
The Dasenbrook Consulting Difference
- Author of the leading private practice book: The Complete Guide to Private Practice
- Author of After 40 Years in Therapy What Have I Learned? Crysand Press
- 40 years in the counseling field and 35 years as a Practice Owner, CEO, Clinical Director, and a Clinician in Illinois.
- 20 years lecturing, teaching, consulting on private practice issues and practice development.
- Launched the American Counseling Association’s Private Practice Initiative.
- Consultant to the American Counseling Association on Private Practice 2005 – 2011
- American Counseling Association Conference Private Practice Consultation Provider
- Past Illinois Mental Health Counselor Association President and Governing Council member of the Illinois Counseling Association
- Helped thousands of licensed mental health professionals start or expand a successful private practice.
- Member of the Insurance Task Force: Winner of the ACA Midwest Region Innovative Practice Award and ICA 2019 Outstanding Service Award
- Member of American Counseling Association, Illinois Counseling Association, and Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Service and Robert J. Nejeldo Leadership Awards
LIVE WORKSHOP AND INTERACTIVE WEBINARS
Presented by Dasenbrook Consulting in collaboration with the Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association. 10 CE’s for counselors, social workers, and psychologists.
- Live Interactive Webinar | Friday-Saturday June 16 & 17, 2023
- Live Interactive Webinar | Friday-Saturday September 08 & 09, 2023
- Live Interactive Webinar | Friday-Saturday December 01 & 02, 2023
This is the only 2-day live presentation available that will function as a group consultation. Most practice consultants charge $175.00 or more per hour. For less than the cost of two hours of consulting you get ten hours of consulting tailored to you and your practice! Also included is a 25 minute follow up private consultation with the presenter Norm Dasenbrook, MS, LCPC.
5th edition of the Complete Guide to Private Practice
Free updates for life
The latest information on documentation, social media, record keeping, telehealth, marketing, and advertising, billing, public speaking, and more! Includes updated forms: informed consent, telehealth, BAA, No Surprise Act and more!
Free ½ hour practice consultation with purchase of the Complete Guide
Benefit from Latestest tips and Counseling Private Practice Information
Write a Book: A Marketing Strategy?
Is there a book in you? Most of us have contemplated authoring a book and most will never do it. The entire process from writing a manuscript to getting it published can be overwhelming. Historically, if you wanted to publish a book, you needed an agent to get a...
Balance Billing- Surprise Billing and No Surprise Act
I first wrote about “Balance Billing” four years ago. I will revisit balance billing here, but first I want to discuss the new “No Surprise Act” (NSA) and its impact on private practice. The intention of the law is to prevent individuals from being surprised by...
Marketing Health Care Providers
I have long recommended counselors marketing health care providers about the types of services that we can provide to their patients. It has been my experience that physicians, both primary care and specialists, as well as nurses, nurse practitioners, naprapathic...