Preconference or Stand-alone
Starting, Maintaining and Expanding a Successful Private Practice: Surviving or Thriving?
This practical, nuts and bolts seminar will present tried and true practice building strategies to begin a practice from the ground up and to expand an existing practice to the next level. Profit from Norm Dasenbrook’s experience and strategic relationships with leading mental health professionals, print and web designers, billing and EMR vendors, attorneys, professional organizations, and lobbyists that provide cutting edge information on the latest trends, niches and legislation that impact private practice.
- Making the shift to a business paradigm
- Multiple income streams: other sources of revenue
- Addressing business anxiety: going towards the roar
- Motivation and confidence: value your product
Start Up and Practice Expansion
- Eight step method for startup and increasing referrals
- Insurance, office space and other considerations
- Contracts: independent contractor/employee
- HIPAA basics part 1
- Business entities
- Presentation development and public speaking
- Fees: setting and collecting
- Finances, accounting and money management
- Teletherapy: Online counseling
- Breaking through to the next level
- Accessing clients to your practice
- Documentation and electronic medical records (EMR)
- Informed Consent – protect you and your client
- Transfer Plan
- Psychotherapy notes and clinical records
- HIPAA basics part 2
- Client and insurance billing options
- Back door method for getting on closed panels
Marketing and Advertising
- Marketing plan: a two prong approach
- Prospecting referral sources
- Print material: what it communicates
- Social media
- Niche marketing
- Cross pollination of referral sources
What Participants Will Learn
- Business paradigm development
- Start a practice on a shoestring
- Take an existing practice to the next level
- Eight step method to increase referrals
- Three essential components of a marketing plan
- Develop multiple components of a marketing plan
- Social Media
- Streamline office, billing and fee collection
- Learn how to work effectively and profitably with insurance companies.
- Implement the business strategy of “value added” to differentiate your practice from the others.
- Incorporate additional income-generating sources to a practice.
- Differentiate effective and non-effective strategies for marketing, social media and building your private practice.
- Learn the essential features of informed consent, transfer plan, documentation, social media, and HIPAA compliance.
- Identify cost effective support services to streamline office procedures for a thriving practice.